Thursday 25 August 2011

30 Months Post Heart Transplant

August 22nd, 2011

That marked 30 months with my new heart. I guess it's not so new now. I guess it's considered a cougar now! (heh heh). So much has happened in these last 30 months. There have been ups and downs, good times and hospital stays, fundraisers and chillin' with friends. But I'm thankful for all of it.

Having been diagnosed with Lupus at 16 and having a heart transplant at 19 puts me in a league of my own. I hate being compared to other people. I think the way I treat people, handle friendships, relationships and the way I see life is different than anyone you've ever known. Never put me in the same category. The way I carry myself and deal with life day-to-day is a reflection of the struggle I've been through and the life changing experience I went through in my teenage years. I will continue to love and try to inspire those around me for another 30+ months.

Don't be afraid to live and let love in.


Take Care & Much Love
David The Recipient

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home